Saturday, January 27, 2007

RODNEY HOWARD BROWNE


"I'd rather be in a church where the devil and the flesh are manifesting than in a church where nothing is happening because people are too afraid to manifest anything... and if the devil manifests, don't worry about that, either. Rejoice, because at least something is happening."
(Rodney Howard-Browne, The Coming Revival. 1991, p.6)

"You can't understand what God is doing in these meetings with an analytical mind,' he says. 'The only way you're going to understand what God is doing is with your heart."
(Holy Laughter, Albert James Dager, 1996)

"'Either You come down here and touch me, or I will come up there and touch You"
(The prayer Howard-browne prayed before he got the supposed "anointing")
(Holy Laughter, Albert James Dager, 1996)

"Stop praying now and let the joy bubble out your belly. Joy. Joy. Joy. Don't pray! Laugh!"
(Holy Laughter, Albert James Dager, 1996)

"I remember one service where I just went and sat down for an hour and a half. I just went and sat down. Well, there was nothing else I could do. Total pandemonium--people falling off of their chairs, people crying, people laughing and some were wailing--some were shaking. So, I just said to the people, I said, 'Look, just come up when you're ready and lift your hands and God will touch you.' I was sitting on the platform--just sat there and watched them for about an hour and a half. People came right up, got to the front, lifted their hands--BAM!--on the floor. I just sat there. I didn't even pray. You say, 'What'd you do?' I just sat there and twiddled my thumbs. I thought, 'Lord, I wish every meeting was as easy as this.' Now I had preached the word already and taught the word of God, and then I went and sat down. And they came walking up, got to the front, lifted their hands--BAM!--under the power of God."
(Rodney Howard-Browne, TBN video-taped service which was broadcasted on May 1994, p.23-24.)

Rodney Howard-Browne calls himself the "Holy Ghost bartender."

"Take another drink...the bar is open....Be filled! We loose the power! Have another drink!"

"You can't have revival without stirring up the flesh....When revival comes you will see manifestations of these three things in meetings: (1) the Holy Spirit; (2) the flesh, and (3) the devil. But, I'd rather be in a church where the devil and the flesh are manifesting than in a church where nothing is happening because people are too afraid to manifest anything...Don't worry about it. And if a devil manifests, don't worry about that, either. Rejoice, because at least something is happening!"

"'One night I was preaching on hell,' Howard-Browne says, 'and [laughter] just hit the whole place. The more I told people what hell was like, the more they laughed'"
(Rodney Howard-Browne, Charisma, August 1994, pg. 24).

Rodney Howard-Browne names numerous people, calling them "great men of God". Among them is William Branham - an anti-Trinitarian.
("The Coming Revival", written by Howard-Browne, page 13)

"I'm telling your right now, you'll drop dead if you prohibit what God is doing!" He then warned the crowd that those questioning this counterfeit movement would be guilty of the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and could never have forgiveness. (Rodeny Boward-Browne, Melodyland Christian Center, Anaheim, CA, 1/17/95)

"It felt like my fingertips came off. I felt a full volume of the anointing flow out of my hand. The only way I can explain it is to liken it to a fireman holding a fire hose with a full volume of water flowing out of it. The anointing went right into her. It looked like someone had hit her in the head with an invisible baseball bat and she fell to the floor."
(Rodney Howard-Browne, Touch Of God, 76)

"I tell them never to preach salvation, because they're suggesting people get saved,"
"I'll guarantee anybody, I'll give them a congregation of 1,000 people and tell them to get up and suggest all they want and see what will happen."
"One night I was preaching on hell, and it just hit the whole place. The more I told people what hell was like, the more they laughed, and when I gave an altar call, they came forward by the hundreds to get saved."
(Rodney Howard-Browne)

"I'm just the Holy Ghost bartender,"
"I just serve the new wine and tell them to come drink."
(Rodney Howard-Browne)

Howard-Browne then began pumping us up to do just that. He led us in a song with these words: "I am drunk, I am drunk. Every day of my life I am drunk. I've been drinking down at Joel's place every night and every day. I am drunk on the new wine." Then he asked us all to lift our hands and "let that river of joy come out of your belly."
(Rodney Howard-Browne)
"It started with a dream. Dr. Rodney Howard-Browne, a minister based in Tampa, Fla., had a dream in 1998 in which he was talking to Dr. Billy Graham. Dr. Graham spoke about the crusade he conducted in 1957 at Madison Square Garden. He rented the arena for what started as a six-week crusade, but extended for three and a half months. During that time, 55,000 people gave their lives to God at Madison Square Garden. While Dr. Graham was speaking in the dream, Dr. Howard-Browne wept for New York and America. As he wept, he felt the compassion of God for America. When he awoke, his pillow was soaked with tears. He knew at that moment that God had commissioned him to launch the largest soul-winning crusade of the millenium."

"... We've been taught that revival is sovereign, it's a sovereign move of God. Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, the future's not mine to see, the Doris Day doctrine. If God wants revival He'll do it, and we just wondering if we'll just keep having srvices until one day He comes ... revival is something that can be planned, revival is something that can be scheduled ..."

"... I speak by the Holy Ghost, no man will be able to stand in the way of the glory of God, this is a mighty wave of the glory of God ... these are the days of signs and wonders ... and say God, I'm gonna get in middle the river of the move of the Spirit of the mighty God ... prepare your hearts for the coming of the Lord ..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must not know the real power of God.. and you must not really know Dr. Rodney Howard-Browne :) Because if you knew either.. you would know that what you say is so out of context... :)